Tuesday, June 20, 2006

whores d'ouevres
Weather in the Bay Area has been mighty dandy. That fact has made me even lazier to update this thing.

So what's up with the lame title? Today I met up for lunch with no other than the Restaurant Whore herself, Joy. Over Out the Door fare, we exchanged tales of the alma mater, life, and surprisingly enough, food. Not only is that girl amazingly funny and kind, she keeps it real. So check her out, not that you haven't already.

I am quite backlogged with SF posts, which will come soon. I can't stand to end an entry without a photo, so here is a sandwich I had last week at LuLu Petite in the Ferry Building (I guess I really am there every other day). This is something I would buy on a typical work day.

Warm salmon sandwich with meyer lemon & olive oil on ciabatta

I felt the salmon was a bit bland; it was poached, rather than grilled as I had expected. I didn't taste much citrus either. I had to use my imagination for much of it, sort of like eating the travesty that is Tasti D-Lite.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I will have to make a point of asking you about how it was to eat out with the food whore herself. Oh, I should introduce myself, I'm Nick and will be attending grad school at Cornell this fall. I am a foodie through and through, but cook more that I eat out. Although, I will be interested in your favorite Ithaca eateries. :-)

6/21/2006 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home