Monday, February 06, 2006

I love you, Ferry Building Pt. I
I think we can all agree San Francisco is pretty lucky to have a place like the Ferry Building. It has most of my favorite things under one roof--good bread, vinegar + oil, tea, pastries, organic produce, gelato, and mushrooms (like how I accentuate?). I managed to make a couple trips there during my break for some hedonic affairs.


Acme Bread

I love acme bread! It is so good I can eat it plain, though I'd prefer to submerge it in white balsamic and olive oil.


I don't know if it's just me, but it is hard to depart from these samples. Every time I pass by I have the urge to just take a couple more pieces. It is really a miracle if anyone can leave the Ferry Building hungry.

I am not a big fan of cheese (yet), but Cowgirl Creamery is a good source (aka MC's dream). Their selection is pretty comprehensive and the staff is knowledgable in their pristine white lab coats. They do sell 2 products that I buy on a regular basis, though: Straus Family Creamery organic milk and Wallaby Yogurt. Napa based Wallaby makes some of the best Australian style creamy yogurt. They carry them at Andronico's and Whole Foods.

While I am on the subject of cheese, I should mention that I had the chance to eat a cube of very strong Roquefort in culinary class. Because my palate is still quite uncultivated, it was not pleasant. If I weren't in class, there is no doubt I would have spit it out.


Ok, I've posted the caviar pic before but I like it so here it is again. I haven't eaten here yet but I'd like to go for the caviar tasting menu. If it's as good as it is aesthetically pleasing, I'm satisfied.

Scharffen Berger is probably my favorite brand of chocolate after Valrhona. There is no need for me to shop here though, since most of my favorite restaurants already use their products: Tartine for the hot chocolate, Pizzetta for the chocolate cake. Next time I'll have to tour the factory.



I am not a big fan of cupcakes (how dare I?!). I just feel they're so....dainty. Too weak to be a muffin and not fancy enough to be a cake. I did get to taste a crumb though--it was ok. My companions felt that the cupcakes at Patisserie Miette weren't as good as Citizen Cupcakes though.

The best part is coming up (hint: mushrooms).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home