Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Mocca on Maiden Lane
One of my favorite lunch spots in the Union Square area includes Mocca, right next to the Chanel store and across from the brick building designed by Frank Lloyd Wright on Maiden Lane. Behind a giant glass display lie a lot of great salads, various antipasti dishes, and pastries but the true gem are the tri-tip steak sandwiches. These are probably tied for my favorite sandwich in the city other than the roast beef or meatball subs from Submarine Center on West Portal. Yes, we all know Subs just blows Marina Sub right out of the water.



God, this is heavenly. The baguette is fresh and delicious and the beef is so juicy, doused in red wine sauce and just the right level of doneness. The cuts of beef are always great; everything at this place is just consistently good. The tomato provencal is delicious as well.

If you like good beef (who doesn't?), check this place out. I'm def coming back here after Mac World, before I leave for school!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

those pictures are great and they are making me wish lunch would come sooner and that maiden lane was closer.

1/10/2006 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful review, jennifer! i love your blog. and you.

1/10/2006 5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

submarine center > marina sub.

marina sub is "sub"-par if you ask me. hehe.

1/11/2006 1:22 AM  
Blogger Hungry Hedonist said...

I guess I hadn't seen the height of Marina Sub guy's avocado cutting genius, so I will need to return. In any case, the East Coast needs to learn how real sandwiches taste.

1/14/2006 12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home