Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Restaurant Week NYC
If I didn’t have to work, I’d be on the next plane to NYC for Restaurant Week. During July 10-14 and 17-21, three-course lunches and dinners at participating restaurants are $24.07 and $35.00, respectively. And for a lot of the places, that is a steal. Since I am posting this after the event has already begun, there will be 16 meals to be had, if you take advantage and start with lunch tomorrow. Every meal is an opportunity, so don’t waste them.

L=lunch, D= dinner. My picks:

Aquavit (L)
Asiate at the Mandarin Oriental (L)
Café Boulud (L)
Chanterelle (L)
Craftbar (L)
David Burke & Donatella (L)
Devi (L, D)
Eleven Madison Park (L)
Gotham Bar and Grill (L)
Gramercy Tavern (L)
JoJo (L)
Kittichai (L)
Perry St. (L)
Spice Market (L)
Tabla (L)
The Modern – Bar Room (D)
Union Square Café (L)
ViceVersa (L,D)

Yes, I have heard “overrated” attached with some of the restaurants listed above, but I think Restaurant Week is a good chance to check out restaurants you had avoided for one reason or another without sacrificing too much. I would, however, check first with their menu items to see if you like what they are offering. But please, do take advantage! I know I would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home