Saturday, February 18, 2006

Pizzetta 211
My favorite pizza place in the city goes to Pizzetta 211, a tiny shop in the Outer Richmond. After trying it for the first time over break, I was hooked and kept going back. All the ingredients are seasonal and organic, so the pizza selection changes every week, with the soups and desserts changing daily.

Lentil soup with olive oil

This place seriously brought back my love of soups. I had given them up for a while, after being disappointed too many times by various restaurants. The soups here are clear yet substantial, with a generous amount of fresh ingredients. You can always taste every ingredient, and they never oversalt their soups.

Margherita pizza with basil

Since it was my first time there, I decided to go with the staple Margherita. The crust was thin and crispy, while maintaining the pizza's structural integrity (A16 had a very soggy center). The cheese was delicious and the sauce was fresh and pungent. Very good pizza.

Apple tart

They also have some staple desserts, but I just couldn't pass this one up. The apples were sliced thinly and delicately, and the crust was flaky and melt in your mouth. This was one of the best apple tarts I've ever had. The meringue was also great--smooth and silky, with just a hint of sweetness. The only thing was the slice was so small--I could've finished at least another.

It was so delicious I went back in to snap a few photos of this orgasmic tart.

I have a couple more posts on Pizzetta; that place never disappoints.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, that tart looks heavenly

2/18/2006 12:54 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

I agree on the tart...maaan that looks good. I'm not into tarts but I'd definitely eat that.

2/19/2006 5:28 PM  
Blogger Tana Butler said...

You really do miss us, huh?

When are you coming back again, Little Miss Snowbound?

: D

2/19/2006 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home