Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Naan 'n Curry
Something I love about the Bay Area is the abundance of good, cheap eats. I do love a tasting menu, but sometimes (or often) you just get a calling for cheap, hearty Indian food. One of my favorite joints is Naan 'n Curry. Just as there is a rivalry between Marina Subs and Subs, there is one between Shalimar and N'nC. I guess I shall enter the fray by choosing the latter.

Chicken Tikka Masala

Boneless chicken cubes in a rich, creamy yogurt sauce. I admit this picture looks like meat in uni-shade goop, but it is so good. The best thing about the chicken is that it is doused in the sauce, or as I like to call it, ambrosia. For five bucks, this is dirt cheap.

Poofy ass naan

Nothing goes better with the sauce than a piece of naan. Crunchy, toasty, and poofy, this is simply delicious. I like to just dip it, or make a "naanwich" like those of Indian Bread Co in nyc.

Naan n Curry isn't fancy nor tries to be, but it's a good place for straight up good food. Hell, even Pooja, epitome of everything Indian, eats there.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

Jennifer,

You will notice that we share a few things in common (namely the school you are currently attending and the self-monikering)...

xoxo
Joy, a.k.a. The Restaurant Whore
www.restaurantwhore.com

1/17/2006 11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a craving for Acme "twinkle" bread and over-priced balsamic vinegar.

with lukewarm regards,
h.h.

1/18/2006 2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear "h.h.",

your precious little morsels of wit are like art. art that makes one laugh.

haaaaah.

haa
a
ah.


until next thyme,
j

1/19/2006 1:10 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Keeping the Yay area stupid dumb and hyphy.

1/19/2006 11:57 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

and by that I mean there has been an update.

1/19/2006 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home