Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Kara's Cupcakes
I couldn't come home during Spring Break without having a cupcake. I don't even particularly like them, but I felt compelled to visit Kara's Cupcakes that had recently opened a store in the Marina. Now that they have a retail shop, I don't have to order the cupcakes by the dozen.

DSC_0231.JPG
The space fits the perception of a cupcake shop. Pink, small, and dainty, the store houses a glass case of the variety of cupcakes. Flavors include: Ghiradelli chocolate, sweet vanilla, vanilla chocolate, buttery buttermilk vanilla, chocolate velvet, coconut, Kara's karrot, banana, raspberry dazzle, java, passion fruit, meyer lemon, banana caramel, and fleur del sel.

DSC_0233.JPG
Being the insomniac coffee fan I am, of course I opt for Java, which is a chocolate cake with espresso buttercream. It's good, but not as good as Sugar Sweet Sunshine, which had the moistest cake and smoothest buttercream. I guess I still don't really understand the cupcake craze, but I will keep trying them until I do.

Kara's Cupcakes
3249 Scott Street (at Chestnut)
San Francisco, CA

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Cress said...

Kara's looks more like a jewelery store or art gallery than a cupcakery.

5/16/2007 4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should actually eat the icing something, its good.

5/18/2007 6:52 PM  
Blogger Anisa said...

your blog is sooo nice! and the coffee cupcake looks so tempting. yea, i don't really get the whole cupcake craze either. i was looking at your kyotofu post...i was thinking the exact same thing hah.

5/24/2007 10:31 PM  
Blogger Anisa said...

not like you have updated either.

it's been over two months!

6/22/2007 7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe she died....or became an investment banker.

-CC

6/27/2007 5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been checking periodically to see whether you've updated your blog. I enjoyed what you had to say & what you had to say about some of the eateries in New York were very useful. We would not have bothered going up Madison to visit Lady M's otherwise.
I hope all is alright.

7/02/2007 8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

long time no post - where are you at these days?

7/25/2007 9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I treat ur blog like hw ppl worship 'sex and the city'.. ur my guide thru culinary escapades.. please come back..

8/17/2007 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

11/14/2009 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home