Saturday, April 21, 2007

Bodies and Pinkberry
DSC_0039.JPG
Hello there. So after brunch and all, we went to the Bodies Exhibit down in South Street Seaport for a real life look at some bodies, organs, and anatomy. It was pretty amazing, so much that many of us didn't really believe what we were seeing. So all the bodies are real, preserved, and shipped from China. Most were convicts or just unclaimed bodies in the morgue.

DSC_0034.JPG
The whole glob of human blood vessels, kept in tact in a liquid.

DSC_0037.JPG
This is a "fat woman" dissected into 4 bits. I was so blown away at first, but now it just looks fake in my picture. But mind you, that's real fat, intestines, liver, spleen, kidney, brain, et al you're seeing.

DSC_0035.JPG
Ze colon

Eat your fiber, kids.

DSC_0045.JPG
Now, what does one do after examining bodies for 3 hours? Why, eat, of course. We were in the mood for dumplings, but discovered that Rickshaw was closed for "spring cleaning." Except that no one was cleaning, we were hungry, and they were closed. So we defaulted to Koreatown and had pinkberry. Because they don't allow pictures, I'm always adamant about taking surreptitious ones. Here is a picture of the fruit toppings, right before they called me out and I ran away.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I visited the exhibit last year. Enjoyed it wholeheartedly. I believe my guest described it as "a med-school student's study-haven".

But Pinkberry? Gave me a craving for beef jerky ;)h

4/24/2007 4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your ONE function for the weekend was to get us dumplings...and you failed. I HATE YOU

-CC

4/27/2007 5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think this post contains the most appetizing set of photos in history of the blog. well done.

p.s.
uhaoqhwb
that is what i have to go through in order to leave you comments

5/02/2007 10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was very good!!! thanks

3/26/2010 9:18 AM  
Anonymous pay per head said...

Very interesting post. I think this advice can be very helpful for many people.

5/12/2012 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home