Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Hatsuhana
As some of you know, I've been having an insanely busy semester, with classes, interviews, and recruiting. So last weekend, I decided to bring some balance into my life with a trip to New York City. I secured reservations at Sushi Yasuda, which I had been wanting to try for months. That Friday, a few of us headed down to the city after our section ended and left Ithaca around 2; I was confident that I'd be able to make it to the restaurant by 7. We make good time for the first 3.5 hours (with my "liberal" driving), but as we neared the city, we ended up missing both the GW Bridge and Holland Tunnel exits. Upon reaching the toll for Lincoln Tunnel, we find a second chance to get on the GW. After we get off the bridge, we are hit with heavy traffic trying to head midtown. Knowing that my reservation was slipping from my hands, I drive like a bona fide cab driver, weaving in and out and causing many an outcry from my passengers. I finally make it to Yasuda at 7:30, and our party is denied our table because I was late. Brilliant.

Disgruntled, disoriented from driving, and quite dilirious, I decided that life goes on. But I was still hungry for sushi, so we decided on Hatsuhana, which has a reputation for being good, consistent, and reliable.

DSC_0003.JPG
A la carte- $47

I can't say their sushi is the best I ever had, but it was decent. The amaebi and uni are great, but the toro was hard, chewy, and tough.

I foresee a sushi pilgrimage (Yasuda, Megu, Gari) in the near future.

Hatsuhana
17 E 48th St.
New York, NY 10017
(212) 355-3345

Next up: Kat'z Deli

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous pay per head said...

Fantastic post.I like your article.Very informative post.

5/12/2012 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home