Friday, October 06, 2006

Masochizing
I apologize for my lack of updates--school has been insanely busy. I've been sleeping in fewer than 3 hour increments, and going through the day fueled by coffee, my liquid crack. Here is what my desk typically looked like the past week:

DSC_0449.JPG
MacBook, Finance notes, Gimme Coffee!, Starbucks, frumpy Chinese takeout, comforting carbs (previously on blue plate)

As you can see, quality of life is not at the top of my priority list. However, I do realize I need those nifty omega-3s for brain enhancing.

DSC_0453.JPG
Salmon Bento

Plum Tree, one of the three Japanese restaurants in Ithaca (literally), offers a good lunch deal on their bentos. You get two good-sized chunks of grilled salmon, some california roll, edamame, salad, and rice for about $11. Pretty good deal for college students.

Is it good? Well, the teriyaki sauce is a bit too sweet, the salmon is tough and overdone, but hey, it hits the spot. And its better than living off takeout tofu and vegetables or cold sandwiches all day.



For you lucky ones in SF, there is a Sunday dinner at the Ferry Building at 7. Not only will you enjoy a five course meal from chefs of some of the city's best restaurants (Dining Room at Rit, Fifth Floor, Campton Place, Picco, Quince, etc), you'll also be supporting the Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Organization (CUESA). And that's pretty awesome.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should post about all the classic Cornell foods: Mama T's, those ridiculously inauthentic but addicting bowls of Vietnam Pho, the rotisserie chicken from Ivy room, the famous Dijon burgers, etc. Let's face it, a $11 bento box from Plum Tree is a rare lunch for a student. Now a California Sun Rise Roll for dinner, that's a different story.

10/07/2006 4:57 PM  
Blogger Hungry Hedonist said...

That's a great suggestion. Though, I should buy a smaller camera so I don't have to lug my camera around school. A collegetown series of posts is to come.

10/08/2006 11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! I can't wait for the posts. Go Big Red!

- Quik

10/12/2006 9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

take me back!

6/19/2009 11:26 PM  
Anonymous pay per head said...

Hi, great article. The way you explained it is really awesome and makes every one to read till the end. keep posting..

5/12/2012 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home