Monday, March 31, 2008

The best falafel in life...
DSC_0805.JPG

...Can be found at 34, rue des Rosiers, Paris.

Yes, I have not eaten many falafels in this lifetime, and I am by no means knowledgeable about Middle Eastern food. I had my fair share in New York this summer at Mamoun's and Alfanoose, and I swore I was done with falafels for a while. However, L’As du Falafel may have restored my lust for this fine food.

This was the best picture I could muster, since they were "NO FOTO!"- ing at me from the second I got out my huge camera. Those crispy chickpea fritters, julienned cucumber, pickled red cabbage, grilled eggplant - all slathered in a rich, creamy tahini sauce - resonate in my mind/stomach.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Dylan Gaine said...

next time in NYC, you need to go to the dumpling house on eldridge bet. grand and broome- cheap and sooo delicious!

thanks for all your wonderful posts- i've added a few of your NYC restaurants to my to do list.

oh, also check out Gribouille in Williamburgh Brooklyn on 2 Hope Street- great pastries!

4/06/2008 1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/19/2008 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home